School Bus Monitor
Monitor will assist children in getting seated on the school bus and see that all children remain seated while the bus is in motion. Monitors will also see that the behavior of the students is appropriate and consistent with the school district’s guidelines. Assist school bus driver in maintaining discipline while bus is in operation; maintain proper records and documentation; assist student loading, unloading and seating arrangements as required.
School Bus Monitor Job Duties:
- Communicate with classroom aides, teachers, principals, and parents concerning student background, medical problems and behavior as appropriate.
- Maintain current knowledge of Emergency Evacuation procedures.
- Assist handicapped children on and off the bus and escort children across street upon return home; assure responsible adult meets students leaving the bus.
- Attend in-service meetings and training courses as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain regular attendance
Complete this form if you are interested in joining the McIlwain School Bus Lines team!